Over the last several years, God has been revealing to me my identity as His beloved daughter. And over the last several years, my joy has been growing by leaps and bounds. As I accept His Word more and more for myself personally, I have stepped into the abundant relationship of love that's He's been patiently waiting to give me.
Joy comes from knowing God and knowing who you are to God. Joy also comes from opening your heart to God at all times and abiding in His presence. I have found that when I get down, sad, or lonely, it's not because God has changed, but because I have forgotten my identity in Him.
Beloved sister in Christ, You are so valuable to God. In fact, you are more precious than jewels to Him. You are worth more than anything else to Him.
Here are 5 truths from God's Word I hope you will cling to in your search to find out what your truest identity is:
- Genesis 1:27, "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." You are so valuable to God because He created you in His own image! Yes, you dear daughter have been handcrafted by the One who created it all and better yet, He found you so worthy that He wanted you to be in His image. No other creation can boast that. So no matter what you feel like your weaknesses or flaws are, God is the One who created you that way....and He said it was good.
- Jeremiah 29:11, "for I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not harm you, plans of hope and a future." God created you with such value, that He already planned from the beginning of time what your life would entail...what your future would hold. And He said it was prosperous and hopeful. Now, don't go listening to the world or your feelings of what God's definition of Jeremiah 29:11 is for your life. As you trust and surrender to God's good plan, He will work it out for your good and His glory....because you are so valuable to Him.
- Romans 5:8, But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Your worth to God is so great, that He died for you. While you were still an enemy to him, He saw such value in you His love for you drew you to Him with the ultimate sacrifice. God's love will never run out, it's immeasurable, infinite, priceless. God loves you so much, no one can even put a price tag on His love for you. So again, no matter what your fleeting feelings tell you at times, the truth is, you are valuable!
- 1 John 3:1, "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" You are God's child, His family, His heir, and that truth is irrevokable! Oh and with this truth come all authority and benefits that Jesus paid to give back to you! What a reason to celebrate each day!
- 2 Corinthians 5:20, "We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us." You are so valuable to God, that He has actually appointed YOU to be His representative here on this earth for Him. He trusts you, He's called you, and He's equipped you with everything for this high honor. He would not entrust this special task to anyone He didn't value greatly and count worthy!
The bottom line is YOU are valuable to God. This list is just the beginning. The Bible has so much more to add to the case for your great worth to God. When you believe this, accept it, and walk in it, you will truly experience a new freedom you have never walked in before. You may not even realize that you are in bondage to another identity. I beg you today, accept this truth and not only receive God's value for yourself, but YOU value yourself as well. And then as you look around at everyone God puts in your path each day, know that they too carry this same value. All people are valuable and created in His image.