"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23
God is faithful. The Bible says it and I believe it. The other morning, I heard the Lord challenge my faith..."do you really believe this in the depths of your heart, soul and mind?" After thinking about it, I could confidently answer Him, "YES, Lord!"
This quick conversation with my Heavenly Father took me down a thought path to put on paper what my truest personal declarations are. It was a super helpful exercise to do that I feel will be a tool to help me lean on when my emotions are making me want to believe otherwise. Let me share with you what I jotted down in my journal and I pray that you will take a few moments this week to journey with the Lord to find out and put on paper what your personal declarations are....and then ask yourself...do they line up with scripture and faith or emotions and a skewed worldly perspective. If it's the latter, then take some time to find out any lie you could be believing that doesn't align with the TRUTH!
1. God is Faithful...it doesn't matter what I see, but only what He said. If God said it, then I believe it!
2. God loves me and His love is perfect....my identity is His beloved Daughter. I am the apple of His eye. There is no rejection or shame, only acceptance from Him. I will trust in Him and He will never let me down.
3. God is good.....If God sent His one and only Son Jesus to this earth to take my place of sin's penalty in death, then everything He does is good. I will keep my eyes on Him and trust that He can work everything out for my good and His glory no matter how broken this world is.
4. God is with me all the time....I never have to be afraid. God's presence with me is my comfort and security. It is my strength and power. God with me equals victory every time. In His presence is the fullness of love and everything else I will ever need.
5. God has equipped me completely for every good work....my weapon is God's Word in prayer and scripture--relationship. Whatever He puts before me, I have everything I need in Him to be victorious. Period.
Now it's your turn...think about your testimony...think about what God has done in your life....think about your struggles and victories...think about the verses God draws you to cling to....what are your personal declarations on faith from God's Faithful Word that will be a tool for you to stand upon?